- Be safer online: Advertisers and Web sites track your behavior online with 'cookies' that stay on your computer. CCleaner erases these cookies so any browsing you do stays confidential.
- Reduce crashes: The Registry stores Windows settings. Over time, it can become cluttered and filled with errors, and can lead to crashes. CCleaner clears out the clutter so your PC is more stable.
- Speed up your startup: Many programs run silently in the background when you start your PC. CCleaner helps you get to work - or play - faster by letting you disable unneeded programs.
- Easy to use: If you can use email, you can use CCleaner. It's point-and-click, and you decide what to clean and what to keep.
- Protects you from viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, phishing, botnets, rootkits, fake antivirus, and more.
- Blocks unsafe websites, and warns about dangerous sites before you click on them. Finds and blocks malicious links in emails or IMs, and spam from your email. Boosts the Windows Firewall, and validates Wi-Fi networks and hotspots.
- Indicates dangerous links on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, MySpace, Sina Weibo, and Mixi. Identifies settings that may leave your personal information vulnerable using the new Facebook Privacy Scanner feature.
- Lets you safely browse in Windows 8 Metro using Trend Micro SafeGuard.
- Improves PC performance by cleaning up temporary files, registries, browser history, cookies, and the start-up manager using System Tuner. Restricts web content and access to desktop applications. Sets an access schedule for your kids.
- Detect & block viruses
- Secure shopping, banking & social networking
- Download and run risky programs safely
- Block phishing websites & malicious URLs
artist: Naresh Apte, Toral Mehta
Backing: Software Download
Which Edition: Free
Platform: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows
Release Date: Nov 27, 2004